Here is a helpful site sponsored by the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation that has a series of 20 animated short films, imaginary friends explain a wide range of complicated cancer topics in a way that kids can understand. Because the more they understand about their treatment, the less scary it will be.
This is an excellent guide produced by the National Cancer Institute. If you have been newly introduced to the childhood cancer community, the NCI Guide for Parents is excellent material to help guide you in your journey.
Where are the best children’s hospitals?
2019 – 2020 Top Five Children’s Hospitals in Selected Specialties
1. Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
2. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
3. Texas Children’s Hospital
4. Nationwide Children’s Hospital
5. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
Pediatric Cardiology & Heart Surgery
1. Texas Children’s Hospital
2. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
3. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
4. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
5. Boston Children’s Hospital
1. Children’s National Medical Center
2. Boston Children’s Hospital
3. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
4. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
5. UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, San Francisco and Oakland