ChiPACC Act Provides Better Medicaid Coverage to Children in Need
Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO), introduced H.R. 6560 — the Children’s Program of All-Inclusive Coordinated Care (ChiPACC) Act. The bipartisan bill was cosponsored by the four co-chairs of the Childhood Cancer Caucus, George “G.K” Butterfield [D-NC1], Mike Kelly [R-PA3], Michael McCaul [R-TX10], and Jackie Speier [D-CA14].
HR. 6560, amends title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide States an option to cover a children’s program of all-inclusive coordinated care (ChiPACC) under the Medicaid program. It requires that the families of all children who qualify for Medicaid receive a specialized care plan covering a range of services – palliative, counseling, respite, expressive therapy and bereavement. This will provide the children and their families greater comfort and peace of mind. The bill allows states to create comprehensive care programs for the children.
Congressman Michael McCaul said, “Families with children facing life-limiting illnesses need all the support they can get, and they should be empowered to seek out that support. We owe it to these kids and their loved ones to help ensure more compassionate care in their most trying times.”
HR 6560 ChiPACC Act will need to be approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee before it can be voted on.
Cosponsors 4 (2-D,2-R):
Butterfield, George “G.K.” [D-NC1] (joined Jul 26, 2018)
Kelly, Mike [R-PA3] (joined Jul 26, 2018)
McCaul, Michael [R-TX10] (joined Jul 26, 2018)
Speier, Jackie [D-CA14] (joined Jul 26, 2018)
Four Square Players
- 148,587 have read Four Square Clobbers Cancer
Sign Up Today!Want to get the latest articles from Four Square Clobbers Cancer? Enter your email below and you will get all of the latest updates.
- Two Little Words
- September 2018 in our Capitol
- Lock up September 2018.
- SU2C Funding Opportunities
- 4 TIMER
- Turn Away… You may not want to hear this
- How can a baby be a hero?
- Cord Blood, a life line
- CAVATICA Genomics Data Sharing
- $30 million for AYA
- The Cancer Moonshot: Are Our Kids Stepping on the Moon Too?
- Broken Trust
- Fly Me to the Moon
- I Gladly Spoke Up for Kids With Cancer Today
- A 10 year old, Speaking from Experience
- Bereavement Meeting
- Open Letter to Congress
- As Our Children Wait – Part 4, Conclusion
- As Our Children Wait – Part 3
- As Our Children Wait – Part 2
- As Our Children Wait – Part 1
- Why Motorsports?
- Moving the Needle
- What Not to Say When There is Nothing to Say
- NIH Budget Priorities
- Texas Proud!
- #MoreThan4 NCI Email Exchange
- Father, Daughter, Date Night
- Five year cure, …really?
- My Calling
- Fixing the Faults
- A Pair of Shoes
- So, It Begins:
- September’s Child
- Update: Camp Can Do
- Giving It All
- September – #ChildhoodCancerChallenge
- Where are you now, Rock Hudson?
Follow Four Square on TwitterMy Tweets
Missing Kylie by Mark Myers
The Truth 365 VideoIf you have not had a child suffer from cancer, you must watch this video to get the real picture of what it is like. It takes only 8 minutes, but it will be the best 8 minutes you will spend in order to understand what is happening to our kids and what we can do about it.
Click photo below to see The Truth365 Video